Information Merv collects and receives
- Account information. When you create an account on Merv.io, the only information we require is for you to enter your email address, your first and last name, and a password. We will never sell your personal information to third parties and will use your email address only to send you invoices, product updates and other essential information related to your account.
- Profile information. You can upload a profile picture to your account in account settings if you so wish.
- Billing information. If you decide to subscribe to one of Merv’s paid plans, our third party payment processors will collect and store your billing address and credit card information.
- Content information. This is any and all communication that happens within your account and includes files uploaded, discussions, comments, when they were sent and by whom and email addresses of collaborators you invite to use the service. Information you choose to share with your collaborators and how they decide to use it is out of our control. We urge you to be careful about sharing sensitive information you consider private in the content that you create or submit through Merv.
- Other information. When you use Merv, our servers automatically record information. This may include your device type, operating system, browser type and settings, the webpage address you visited before you came to Merv, your IP address, your approximate location, and which features, content, people, and links you interact with within Merv.
- Volunteered information.If you decide to participate in occasional surveys that we may send to you, we will store that information for as long as it makes sense.
How we use your information
- To communicate with you. We will use your email address to send you information of product or feature updates, invoices, essential information related to your account, and delivering notifications to you about account activity.
- To understand, enhance, and improve the security of our product. We’re constantly working on improving our product and may use collected data for research purposes to be able to serve you better, keep Merv secure, and provide you with extra features and a better user experience. >
- To solve problems and fix bugs. We will only access your account and information if you specifically ask us to in order to fix a bug or help you with a problem.
Sharing your information
The only times we’ll ever share your information is:
- With your permission, to provide products or services you've requested.
- To comply with legal process, investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- We may employ and contract consultants and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf. We may need to share personal information with them in order to provide you with products and services. These consultants and other entities do not have the right to use any information we share with them other than to fulfil their obligations to us.
Deleted information and deactivation
There are different types of deleted information:
- If you delete an entire workspace(s) from your account, the deleted information will remain on our servers for 90 days in case you decide you want us to recover it for you. After 90 days all information will be purged.
- If you delete specific items within a workspace(s) such as comments, discussions, files, etc. they will be deleted immediately from our servers.
If you decide to deactivate your account
, your information will be available for 90 days on our servers after which it will be purged.
Security and Encryption
Merv takes reasonable steps to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and/or disclosure.
All information is backed up daily, and stored in multiple locations on servers that follow generally accepted standards to protect the information submitted to us. Whenever information is in transit between you and Merv, everything is encrypted and sent using HTTPS. Any files uploaded by you are stored and encrypted at rest. All active data such as discussions and comments is active in our database and therefore not encrypted to ensure fast accessibility.
Changes to this policy and questions
Merv may need to update this policy from time to time. We will notify you about any updates by emailing the email address associated with your account or by posting a notice on our site.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org